A good night’s sleep can have amazing effects on our mood. If you are energized you will more likely to have a positive attitude. A good nights sleep can be a great motivator. Poor sleep patterns can cause weight gain. Poor food choices are more likely made when we are tired.
A good night’s sleep can improve our ability to learn and retain information.
Consistent sleep decreases our risk of heart problems.
People who suffer from insomnia or restlessness need to set the mood for sleep before bedtime.
Here are some tips for a better nights sleep.
- Dim the lights, start about an hour before bedtime. A dark bedroom is highly recommended.
- A cool room helps, experiment with what works for you. Typically, 65 degrees makes for a good nights sleep.
- Relaxed Environment, Declutter your bedroom. Peaceful colors and decorations you find calming should surround you.
- Noises Down, Scents Up. It is recommended that noises be kept to a minimum. TVs are to be OFF. Try surrounding yourself with scents you like.
Lavender is a favorite. It decreases your heart rate, lowers blood pressure and helps you relax.
- Observe your diet, drinks high in caffeine and energy drinks should be avoided.
If you are not setting your zz’s then talk to your primary care provider along with https://sleepfoundation.org/ . Sleep is vital to your well being. Not getting enough sleep can be indicative of serious disease processes.